HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND PREVIOUS BLOGS

HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND MY PREVIOUS POSTS - Your thoughts and comments are important. To post a comment on any or all of my posts, simply click the title of the blog entry, go to the bottom of the blog and post your comments in the "comment" box. Be sure to click "post comment" to save. My previous posts are on the right side. Scroll down to find them. I look forward to hearing from you. But if you don't have time to comment, please continue reading my posts. Stay Informed.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

OBAMA LAYS A BIG, FAT GOOSE EGG! FAMILY FARM KIDS OUT OF A JOB

What's your government up to?  Regulations guaranteed to shut down family farms for good.  There is no end to Washington's intrusion into our lives.  This time it's Obama's Labor Department proposing new regulations covering what farm chores kids can perform on family farms.  Old McDonald will soon be a thing of the past.

So what was wrong with the good old days?  My Grandpa had a small Ford tractor.  He farmed 40 acres with that little beast.  I used to ride on the fender over the big dangerous tires, hanging on to the fender.  Sometimes I got to ride in front with Grandpa, where I was allowed to steer, other times standing behind him and hanging onto him.  I got to play in the hay mow when baled hay came flying off the end of the elevator.  My job?  Stack the bales as best I could.  I was very young, by the way.  When the hay was baled I got to ride on the wagon and move the bales out of the way as they came out of the baler.  Funny I didn't die, it was such dangerous work.  But hey, I spent my summers on the farm and I helped out.  A very simple concept.

But not under the new regulations being rubber stamped by Washington.  Talk about stupidity?  With the current overload of regulations and rules America doesn't stand a chance - neither do family farms.  I say we should Cook Their Goose come November.  What do you think?

READ ABOUT IT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment