Hey, American Taxpayers, did you see the Reader's Digest this month? Ooooh, have they got some goodie examples of Federal Spending Gone Crazy. And the wisdom of college debt? Read it here.
NUTSO FEDERAL SPENDING.
* Redundant engine program for the R-35 fighter jet, cost $207 million
* Benefit checks sent to dead government employees, cost $120 million
* International Center for the History of Electronic Games for video game preservation, cost $113,227
* Columbia University, to study online dating, cost $606,000
* To researchers at Wellesley College to answer the question, Do you trust your Twitter feed, cost
* Virginia Commonwealth University researcher for a study on hookah smoking by Jordanian students,
* University of California, Riverside, to study whether happy or unhappy people spend more time on
social media, cost $198,195
* Primate researchers to study what feces-throwing among chimps reveals about communication
skills, cost $592,527
* National Science Foundation to study Women, Weaving and Wool in Iceland between the years
AND THE WISDOM OF RUNNING UP COLLEGE DEBT?
Colleges are asking students and parents to break the college piggy bank for these classes:
How To Watch Television (Montclair State)
Alien Sex (University of Rochester)
Harry Potter: Finding Your Patronus (Oregon State)
Arguing with Judge Judy (University of California, Berkeley)
Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame (University of S. Carolina)
Mail Order Brides: Understanding the Ph8illippines (Johns Hopkins)
Tightwaddeery, or the Good Life on a Dollar a Day (Alfred University)
Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse (Michigan State)
HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND PREVIOUS BLOGS
HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND MY PREVIOUS POSTS - Your thoughts and comments are important. To post a comment on any or all of my posts, simply click the title of the blog entry, go to the bottom of the blog and post your comments in the "comment" box. Be sure to click "post comment" to save. My previous posts are on the right side. Scroll down to find them. I look forward to hearing from you. But if you don't have time to comment, please continue reading my posts. Stay Informed.