HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND PREVIOUS BLOGS

HOW TO POST A COMMENT AND FIND MY PREVIOUS POSTS - Your thoughts and comments are important. To post a comment on any or all of my posts, simply click the title of the blog entry, go to the bottom of the blog and post your comments in the "comment" box. Be sure to click "post comment" to save. My previous posts are on the right side. Scroll down to find them. I look forward to hearing from you. But if you don't have time to comment, please continue reading my posts. Stay Informed.



Monday, October 25, 2010

FREE OBAMA PHONE, GET YOURS HERE!

Got an email today regarding a person who claimed to have a new "Obama phone." Being a skeptic and never wanting to post something that isn't true, I set off on a mission to check it out. Didn't take me very long. I found so much information that I needed a barf bag.

This is the real deal, Folks. And I will give you a link below for you to check it out yourself.

Here is what I found out: SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides free cell phones and airtime each month to "income-eligible" customers. To qualify? Well, you must be on welfare, SSI, Food Stamps, Energy Assistance, Medical Assistance, or other programs, and have income of no more than $50,000. Yes, that's right, $50,000.

Do you get it? YOUR TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING USED TO PROVIDE WIRELESS PHONE SERVICE TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS.

So here we are, $14 trillion in debt, Congress is not going to continue unemployment benefits to THOSE WHO WANT TO WORK, while increasing the dole-out to dead beats. And we are paying for it. Oh, gosh, we are paying for our own wireless service too.

No wonder the USA is sinking in a sea of debt. "Hope and Change?" The country has changed, all right, changed to "Why should I work for it when I can get it for free."

Check it out at the link below. THE OBAMA PHONE IS VERY REAL. I haven't been able to determine which massive spending bill this little nugget was buried in, but it might be a good idea to call your Congressman and Senators and ask them -- if they will even talk to you. Tell them that anyone who voted for this needs a phlebotomy. Then ask them which bill it was in and how they voted.

You can find links to their government web sites on the right side of my blog. Post back and let me know what excuse they gave you.

CLICK HERE for the facts, but be prepared to be fuming mad.

CORRECTION, IT'S NOT AN OBAMA PHONE!

As promised when I started this blog, I will always admit it if I have posted incorrect information. I try to do extensive research and haven't had to clarify or change anything so far, but here goes my first clarification.

In my post on this subject I said I couldn't track down where this program came from. Turns out this free phone nonsense was started under Reagan, (it's nonsense no matter who started it), and it has been expanded upon and changed over the years. So I apologize, it should not be called the Obama Phone. It could be called the Reagan Ringer, or the Government Gabber, but no matter what it is called with a multi-trillion dollar deficit it shouldn't be happening. Cuts need to be made everywhere. We no longer have the money to frivolously spend here, there and everywhere.

One other fact? It is administered by phone companies and partially paid for by federal and state fees attached to your phone bills. So we are still footing the bill. The phone companies who administer this program? They outsource their customer service to India. Too bad that the "fees" we pay are not used to provide Americans with jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment